The Bloomsbury Colleges PhD Studentships
Together with the UCL Institute of Education, the Bloomsbury Colleges are offering ten PhD studentships, each of three years duration, to start in the academic year 2016/17. The studentships will cover course fees (at the usual level for UK and EU studentships) and a student stipend. They will encompass a wide range of topics, reflecting the diversity of disciplines represented in the consortium. The studentships will be supervised by two of the partner colleges, indicated after each studentship with the lead college first. The studentship holder will be registered at the lead college.
Further details on these studentships and how to apply will be made available in January.
Bloomsbury College Studentships
- Modelling the entry process in Human Cytomegalovirus using genomics from natural populations (Bbk / LSHTM)
- Neighbourhood green space and children's cognition and behaviour (UCL IOE / LSHTM)
- Using learning analytics to expose and better support the practice-based teaching and learning process in STEM education (UCL IOE / Bbk)
- Combining reverse genetics and three-dimensional electron microscopy to dissect malaria parasite invasion of red blood cells (LSHTM / Bbk)
- Impact of food price promotions on consumer behaviour and public health (LSHTM /Bbk)
- Flirting in the little space: Homeostatic Regulation of the Mitochondria and Cytoskeleton Interplay via the Tubulin-VDAC-TSPO pathway (RVC / Bbk)
- Longterm trends and mechanisms of antimicrobial resistance in bacterial pathogens; an extensive, multi species genome based approach (RVC / LSHTM)
- The John Thomson (1837-1921) Photo Archive: Framing China and Southeast Asia (SOAS / Bbk)
- Mining, Land and Water Law: ensuring sustainable and equitable outcomes (SOAS / Bbk)
- Learning to compose and improvise in an oral tradition: cognitive aspects of Indian music (SOAS / IoE)